July 8, 2009

It's a GIRL!!

Dear Carley,
Today is the day Daddy and I got a small glimpse of who you are. I've waited for this day since I read the word "PREGNANT" on one of many pregnancy tests. I couldn't wait to find out if you were a girl or a boy. When I woke up this morning, finding out what you are was all I could think about. I was nervous and excited all at the same time. Once we got to the dr's office however, my thoughts quickly changed. Don't get me wrong, I was still excited to find out (and quite a bit nervous too), but as the tech moved her little magic wand over my belly and I saw you, I knew that boy or girl, we would love you forever (yep, even when you're 17 and think we don't get what being a teenager is like!). She looked over your little body, made notes of all your measurements and smiled at us approvingly. I was so glad to see that you're growing and that all of your measurements were right on track. And as I looked at your perfect little body on the screen, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the kind of person you will be. Will you be someone who fights so fiercely for what you believe in that you stir the hearts of those around you? Will you be strong? Will you excite people? Whatever it is, I want you to know that we love you very much.
Daddy and I are so excited to have you, and as you can already imagine, we have so many dreams for you. My sweet little girl, I want you to know that we've prayed for you. We pray each day that you may always know that God is bigger than everything and that He really does make miracles happen. May you always believe in those miracles and stay faithful to them. We can't wait to meet you!
Love always,
Momma
Carley Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. I love the U/S picture. Congratulations Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww. How sweet!! Im so excited for you! Baby Girls are a dream! How beautiful!!God is smiling down on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again! I love the name...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)