But back to that tidbit about Carley already being a month old... I know, I can't believe it either! I feel like we've already been through so much in this short amount of time.
We took her to the dr's on Tuesday for a 1 month appointment, and the dr she looked great.
A few things I don't want to forget about your first month:
- 8 lbs 6.4 oz
- 23 inches
- you're already holding your head up, smiling, and sometimes you even try to stand
- you HATE being naked -- bath time included (although you are getting better at tolerating the baths without shrieking as loud as before -- momma's eardrums appreciate the volume control darling, so thankyou *smooches*)
- Rascal and Bella adore you -- and they love to show you just how much by sneaking in a kiss whenever my hands are too full to stop them. Besides, you don't seem to mind the attention you get from them, so what can a couple doggy kisses hurt? ;)
- We celebrated your first Noche Buena & Christmas and opened your gifts while you napped in daddy's arms. Although in your defense you had a full tummy and you slept maybe a total of 15 minutes the night before.
I can't believe how quickly the time is going. And it's crazy, because during the seventeen and half hours of labor (yes, I said 17!) and between the 11 days you spent in the NICU while we hovered over your little bed unable to touch you as we watched your chest rise and fall, your daddy and I could have sworn that all the clocks in the world mocked us with how painstakingly long the hands took to make their way all the way around. But that's not important, because you're here now, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat (except next time I'll make sure not to let the anasthesiologist leave until the first epidural takes complete effect so I don't have to end up with a second one). And now, as the first day of 2010 comes to an end and I watch your chest rise and fall once again as the corners of your smile peek through that big green paci, I want you to know that you are my greatest accomplishment.
happy one month munchkin
xoxo,
Momma

so beautiful! i can't believe our little munchkins are hitting the one month mark. bittersweet is right!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Nikki on your precious baby girl! Carley is beautiful, look at all her hair! Luciana is jealous! ;)
ReplyDelete17 hours?! Oh mama!!
What kind of camera did santa bring you?
Nikki!!! Congrats she is beautiful!
ReplyDelete