August 30, 2011

& just like that

she's a Girl.

& it's like it happened all of a sudden. Like we just went from newborn to baby, glossed over toddler, and BAM - Girl!

Yesterday my baby (I'm clinging) turned 21 months old.

At bedtime I found myself snuggling her into my chest a little closer and breathing in those sweet blonde curls as if for the first time. I traced the form of her nose with my finger and rocked my girl to sleep. Swept my hands across her cheek and admired her pudgy little hands - a sign that a tiny bit of Baby is still lingering on my girl.

taken by Dawn @ Yap Originals (if you're in the South Florida area, definitely check her out!)
And when she had already fallen asleep and my arms were starting to go numb, I kissed her forehead and tucked her in bed. After all, big girls have busy days & need their rest.

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. Seriously. What a great pic. And I get it, at 21 months I still call Bella my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how glad I am to hear (read) that I'm not the only one still calling her "my baby" while every one else says she's a big girl. I'm SO not ready for this whole growing up thing!

    PS: Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)