I've seen a lot of bloggers really get their hats handed to them by commenters who choose to hide behind some anonymous name with no link attached, and quite frankly, it bothers me. A lot of us worry about how our thoughts and posts are being perceived, and it can be quite intimidating for a new blogger. Discouraging even.
Now, I'm technically not a "new" blogger because I started blogging when I was pregnant with Carley, but I dropped the blog after a while and just picked it back up again. But it's still a little scary. My problem with blogging is that I have a hard time writing about the real stuff. I've dabbled a bit here and there in a few posts, but as a new-ish blogger, I have a hard time just writing out my honest feelings for fear of what others are going to think. I'm normally a pretty positive person, but right now there's a lot going on and a lot of my feelings aren't all unicorns and rainbows and puppy dogs. The truth is, I'm a military wife with 2 babies dealing with a year long deployment and a total of 18 month separation, a move, 2 dogs in a city where they're not welcome thanks to ridiculous BSL laws, a failure to thrive diagnosis, and a possible speech issue with my first. & throw in all the postpartum hormones, it's quite the story. But I don't want to be that blogger that bitches all the time about this or that, ya know? So instead I try to write little positive tidbits here and there which are entirely true. The trouble with that is that the surface posts don't really dig deep past the fake smiles and "Everything's great" responses we're conditioned to give when people ask how things are going, and to some extent I feel like I'm doing myself (& other momma's who might be able to relate) a disservice.So, I'll try better. & if someone gives me grief...well, I'll eventually learn how to let it roll off my back like the many before me.
::steps off soapbox::
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)