November 25, 2009

a 40 weeks & 4 days update

Sooo...just got back from my dr's appointment this morning. Here's what she had to say --- ::drumroll please::

-
-
-
-

You guessed it! Absolutely NOTHING! NADA! No change from last week (or the weeks before that) at all. Which, as you can imagine, sent me into a hysterical stream of laughter..because really, my child would be the one to pull this kinda crap and arrive well past her due date just to drive her momma bananas! Ahhh..the joys of parenthood, right?

Dear Carley,

If you ever read this, you should know that you're grounded. Till umm...whenever I decide to unground you. Glad you understand.
Oh, and daddy still says you're not allowed to date until after your married. Sorry kiddo!

Smooches,
Your (impatient & Shamu-resembling) Momma

back to today's appointment -- so we went ahead and scheduled an NST and a scan to check my amniotic fluid for Monday, November 30th. We also went ahead and scheduled our induction date (yes my darling little peach, you must come out at some point...preferably this year...or how about now?) for Friday, December 4th. Which of course, only made me laugh harder because at this point I have flipped to the December portion of my planner. And then, like a week of bad re-runs on tv, I took the walk of shame, head hung low and feet dragging, out of the room and over to the appointment counter to schedule (yet another) appointment.

As I walked out of the office with my little appointment reminder card still in hand, the friendly nurses wished me a "happy thanksgiving" and sent me off with a wave and a smile. Yea, hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving too. I'll try not to ruin it by having a baby...or maybe I will...hmmmm....

Anyway, about an hour later, my dr calls and informs me that someone (who apparently IS capable of bringing their baby into the world without forcing them out)  has canceled their induction for the 1st (Tuesday). So of course, remembering my defeat as I waddled out of her office, she called little ol' me (ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating on the little part just a smidge...don't judge me) to see if I wanted to swap my induction date before someone else scooped it up. I, of course, screamed like a teenage girl at the midnight release of New Moon (nope, I haven't seen it yet so keep all your spoliers to yourself thankyouverymuch), said yes, told her I loved her, and then hung up. So there you have it, little miss C will be here on or before Tuesday, December 1st. Oh, and my NST and amniotic fluid scan originally scheduled for next Monday have been canceled due to the change of plans. HOORAY! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ay dios! Esta ninita esta bien comoda!!! Love your updates! They always give me a good laugh. Many blessings and happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)