November 23, 2009

"Why don't you just go into labor already?"

That's what Nick just said to me as I'm sitting here on our bed uploading the pictures I promised you weeks ago. Of course, you can imagine just how many "yea, ok" glares he received from me immediately after. LOL

Seriously though...you know that place where you're past 40 weeks (40 weeks and 2 days to be exact) and ready to meet your little one? Yea, I'm there. Great, now I sound like a State Farm commercial! I guess that's an occupational hazard, huh? Carley has given us a couple scares, but nothing serious. As I said in my last update, we had a pretty bad nor'easter up here a few weeks ago -- and of course, in an effort to make us prove just how serious her daddy and I, little miss C sent us running to the dr's office with fake contractions. Lovely!

I've had another appointment since and still, there's no new news to share. Last week OB said "1 and a little bit" after my internal. I gave him one of my "you've gotta be kidding me. Check again" looks, but he assured me that "a little bit" was the only improvement I was getting from the week before. And so, there  I sat, on top of the chair/bed with the crinkly white paper in the OB's office facing the reality of scheduling that dreadful appointment...the one that comes after I pass my due date. And now, 2 days away from said appointment, it looks like I'll be walking waddling into the office for another checkup. Hopefully this one will have some more promising news for me.

Let's see...in other news. My mom is in town. I think she's almost as ready as I am to meet miss C. I assure you (and her) though, that I'm the most ready out of anyone. And in case you were wondering, I'm not the least bit competitive. But seriously, I'm  more ready. end of story.  Carley's room is finally done (well, sort of...I'm still missing some shelves I want to put up and the perfect rug which doesn't exist) --pictures to follow this post (for real this time!). Oh, you know what else is coming at the bottom of this post? Pictures of yours truly and the big baby belleh. Yes, I know I'm a slacker and uber terrible at remembering to take pictures, but be happy and enjoy these...because right now, it's what ya got :)

Ok, so here goes....

39 weeks
Please ignore my seemingly unbrushed hair and "hurry up and take the picture already" smile
 
 

40 weeks (& 2 days)
because I'm terrible with doing anything on time (including having a child)






Ok, so there you have it...an update and 2 weeks worth of pictures. Oh yes, and here are the nursery pictures I promised.







1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki - we are praying for you big time. Hope Carlye comes before Thanksgiving but if she is born on Turkey Day it will defitnely be a day of thanksgiving..

    Dennis and Nicole

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)