March 4, 2010

my, oh my!

it seems like the time just flies!

 
I can't believe C is already 3 months old! She's such a sweet and funny little girl and I can already see her little personality shining through. She's always smiling and laughing, and she loves, loves, loves the sound of her voice. Seriously, my kid loves to talk. I'm sure it'll make for interesting car rides as she gets older! LOL I feel like she's slowly starting to grow out of her "newborn" status. I know it won't be long before she starts taking her first steps....oh Mr. Rucker how right you are, "it won't be like this for long" (even though you will always be Hootie to me). ;)

I grow more & more in love with this little lady every day and I still can't believe how quickly she's learning new things. Shall we take a look at a few of things C has been busy accomplishing since our last update?

  • she [usually] sleeps through the night :) which makes for a well rested momma and baby. And let me tell you, sleeping for at least 5 hours straight is a GREAT feeling! And the fact that she always wakes up with a giant smile on her face makes waking up the best part of this reformed-non-morning person's day.
  • she rolled!!! from belly to back. She's only done it once so far and of course, I didn't have the camera with me, so no documentation. I have since made sure to always have at least my regular digital camera in her diaper bag and with me at all times in case she decides to do some other spectacular things. I'm not missing out on something like that again!
  • she manages to scoot across her crib and ends up 90 degrees opposite of where I lay her at night. It's quite an accomplishment considering she gets tightly swaddled every night and still manages to wiggle her way aroung.
  • she is awake for most of the day. Her day's start between 7 and 8 am (although today it was 6). She eats, plays for a bit, and then goes down for a nap. She's still taking 2-3 naps a day, which lets me get a few things done around the house. win/win :)
  • she loves tummy time (well, she puts up with it) & she's been lifting her head pretty well for a while now
  • she's up to almost 10 lbs -- the dr's had her on a weight check schedule where we were coming in to the office every other week, but we're back to a regular wellness schedule now. WOOHOO!! She's just petite, no harm there ;)
  • I've had to put away some of her newborn stuff (tear) and her 0-3 pants are actually starting to stay up around her waist now that she's getting a little chunk on her hips & thighs (you're Cuban baby, it was bound to happen!) 
  • she can "stand" (while we hold her hands of course). And she loves to push up into a standing position when she's sitting on me or her daddy. She loves to bounce and gets all worked up trying to do it herself & then smiles at her accomplishment. Miss Independent, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love her headband. Lucky you that she likes tummy time, Bella acts like I just placed her on a bed of burning coals. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her hair band She's too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I actually made that one...it was my first attempt, too!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)