April 17, 2010

my daughter, the rebel

No, you're not imagining things. & yes, this is a back-to-back post 2 days in a row on my blog. The blog that usually only gets updated every week or so if you're lucky. I'm hoping to make these kind of appearances more frequent, so please feel free to yell at me if I fall off the grid again. Now that that's out of the way, we can get back to my favorite topic...my sweet babe ;)


As cute as that little darling is, I must admit that Carley has become quite the little rebel lately when it comes to sleeping. She has begun boycotting naps throughout the day & loves waking up at all sorts of crazy hours throughout the night just to watch me stumble into things as my bleary-eyed, sleep deprived self walks into her room to soothe her back to sleep. Night time isn't the same without stubbing your toe against something, right? For all those who haven't experienced this quite yet, I must say that I highly recommend it. I promise, it's tons of fun! lol

Of course, I start this whole "what happened to my child...the one who used to sleep through the night and would go down for naps without a problem" rant while hubbs walks downstairs with a smile on his face and shouts his victory "SHE'S ASLEEP!" but you know it doesn't just end there. Oh no, he had to throw a "that wasn't too hard" in the punch for a little extra flavor. ::zing:: I love you too, honey ;)

this picture is about a month old, but it's relevant [& cute]
Plus, it reminds me to blog about our trip to the zoo...maybe that will be tomorrow's post ;)

Any ideas on how to get this to last through the night??

4 comments:

  1. I'm on week 2 of sleep training on my blog - writing daily about how it's going each night. Tough is an understatement, but we have seen a difference. Naps are horrendous, but we are working on them.
    And yes, DH gets her to sleep in a third of the time I do. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot two post in a row keep it up girl. Hehe She is so cute as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake did that too.. he was a perfect sleeping angel from 8 weeks til about 12 weeks then he started waking up all the time again. Finally when he was 5 months old I caved and Ferberized him. I know it's not for everyone and I cried a lot with him, but 2 nights later he was an awesome sleeper and still is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Im your newest follower! your little girl is adorable!!

    My daughter went through this stage too, she had slept through the night since she was two months and all of a sudden she is starting to wake up once at night :( trust me no fun!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)