April 16, 2010

a thought & some pictures

I know I start every post with some variation of "it's been a while" but really, it's kinda hard to be motivated to write anything when I'm not sure if anyone's actually reading. Lame?...maybe, but I'm just sayin, it'd be nice to know I'm not just writing for myself...because ya know, I already know what I did yesterday and the day before that & I know what my kid looks like. So while I mainly started this blog to keep in touch with our friends and family, I know there are quite a few people who don't exactly fit into those categories who quietly follow. Anyhow, that's my thought for the day.

I'd like to say that the reason for my lack of blogging has to do with the fact that I'm a mom to a 4 month old who requires oodles of my attention, but there are a million mommy bloggers out there with 4 month olds who find the time to hash out a post or two before the day's end, so there goes that excuse. I guess I'll have to come up with another excuse before this post is over. LOL Since we came back from Miami, the Mr & I have been busy getting our yard spring/summer time ready. Yep, we've been seeding, pulling weeds, planting things (oh my gosh, have I talked about my new gardenia bushes yet?) I can't wait til the summer time when they start to bloom...I love the way they smell! We also got some rose bushes (which the dogs have learned to stay out of [ouch!]). So yea, that was my life last weekend. I took Carley outside with us and set her up on a little blanket with some toys. We'll probably finish up this weekend and hopefully start enjoying all our hard work now that the weather is nice enough for bbq's & outdoor living :)

Let's see, what else have I missed posting about? Oh yea, Easter. ::hangs head in shame:: Hey, at least I'm writing about it in the right month. That has to count for something...right?? ::cricket::cricket:: Yea, big mommy FAIL on my part with that one. Buttttt....I have pictures. So that totally redeems me :)

She was a total doll with the easter bunny & everyone was surprised at how well she did. I was scared she would cry or be scared of the giant, oversized bunny with eyes as big as her head, but she didn't mind at all. We also did some arts&crafts together and got to take home a little souvenier to remember Carley's 1st Easter.




7 comments:

  1. Its nice to see you post again. I fill the excat same way. Am I really writing for my self, does any one read my blogs ha I know excatly how you fill. Well im reading yours have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read! Put a stat counter up if you don't already have one, then you'll know how many readers you get every day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria...ermmm, how do I do that? Oh, & thanks for reading :) Jake is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristin - thanks for reading :) oh, and you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read! When you post I'm on it. I've been awful about leaving comments lately to let people know I've been by but I'm getting better. :) Your little one is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carley is precious! Looks like ya'll had a nice Easter! I read :) Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. go to www.sitemeter.com it's a free a service and they do a good job of explaining how to do it for you :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)