May 14, 2012

On Motherhood

Dear Carley & Emily Grace,

Being your momma has been the most incredible experience of a lifetime. I knew motherhood was filled with intense love, but the feelings I have for you are like nothing I could have ever imagined. I am so proud of the little girls you are & look toward the future - your future - with anticipation and excitement. You are incredible gifts and every time I look at you, I am reminded that there is beauty in this world, that God is bigger than everything, and that He really does make miracles happen. Tonight as I put you both to bed, I lingered in your rooms a little longer and studied your faces. The way you both snuggle into your blankies and your perfectly puckered baby doll lips. Your long eyelashes. & that beautiful, wispy hair, spun like golden cotton candy. & still, even after a year of life with 2 girls, I am always left in awe. I can see myself in both of you and I claim you proudly. Mine! 
In the same way a child grips on to a favorite toy while announcing her ownership to the world.
Mine! You are perfect. You are beautiful. You are smart. & funny. & kind. But most importantly, you are mine. & I am wholly yours. & I couldn't feel more blessed to be your momma.

I love you.

Forever yours,
Momma


Carley Elizabeth: November 2009

Emily Grace: April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)