January 26, 2010

I survived

Sunday night was hard for all three of us. Carley refused to sleep and momma and daddy ended up staying up way past our bedtimes trying to convince our little lady that it really was time for her to sleep. Seriously, after about 10:30 pm, she decided she wanted to be wide awake and play. When I would finally get her to sleep, I would stand up, walk over to her crib and immediately those gorgeous little eyes would be staring back at me. ::lather, rinse, repeat:: That's basically how our whole night went. I think it was probably around 5 or 6 am when she finally gave in to me and closed her eyes. And of course by that time, I was better off just staying awake and starting my day. And even with no sleep for momma, I survived "Operation: Daycare Day One"...and so did miss Carley. In fact, she hardly noticed when she went from my arms to her teacher's arms. I'm kinda glad she's not old enough to actually notice when I leave, because I'm not sure I'd be able to take it if she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. So yea, I cried...A LOT!...but I know she's in good hands. It also helps that her daycare is literally just around the corner from my job, so I'm able to go hang out with my little lady during my lunch break. I'm hoping it'll get easier as the days go on. I guess we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)