January 22, 2010

one week in.

I went back to work on Monday and wanted to post a recap of my first day back, but of course the moment I walked through the door all I wanted to do was snuggle my babe and the last thing on my mind was blogging my 6 am tears. So here's my end-of-the-week recap instead. Hubbs decided to take the week off and stay with Carley during my first week back at work so that I wouldn't have to adjust to my 9-5 & a new morning daycare dropoff ritual (thanks hun ;]) Needless to say, Monday morning (& Sunday night) were filled with tons of tears and extra A.M. cuddles. And that's pretty much how the rest of my week went. This morning was especially hard though. Nick goes back to work & Carley starts daycare on Monday, so I knew that this morning was going to be the last morning of our comfortable little routine. Which of course, started up the waterworks again and made me thankful for waterproof mascara. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I work with some pretty awesome people, but leaving my munchkin every morning is the hardest part of my day. I know starting next Monday, I won't be getting picture messages of Carley mid-day, or quick one line emails telling me what goofy little thing she did to make her daddy laugh, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that quite yet. This is going to be hard.
Nick and I actually went to the daycare today to drop off some forms and make sure everything was ready for next week. It's a really nice place, comes highly recommended, and I'm sure the caretakers are awesome, but somehow, I still ended up walking out with tears streaming down my face. How in the world am I going to be ready for this on Monday?

3 comments:

  1. i totally understand how you feel! i remember the first day leaving logan - even though you know they are being taken care of, there is nothing better than taking care of them yourself. all i can say is it does get easier, but you still have your days! it does make the moments you have with them more special, though. hang in there and let me know if you need an ear to listen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki you'll be in my prayers! I've been a nanny for a few families and have had several leave their babies in tears in the beginning too, but it will get easier!! send me an email sometime and i'll fill you in on the dresses and bows! :)
    familyofthree@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I can't imagine working and leaving Molly! It would be so hard. It felt like the end of the world when I lost my job last year, but now I am so happy to be at home!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. let me know what you think. i'd love to hear what you have to say :)