She's actually weighing 8 lbs 8oz - which at 4 months, means she's less peanut and more...well, smaller than a peanut. In other words, she's tiny. So her pedi wants me to start supplementing which has me a bit bummed because I feel like I'm failing her. Not because I can't breastfeed her, but because my body isn't giving her what she needs to keep growing. Fortunately, she's meeting all her milestones, so her size isn't holding her back.
Only problem with this whole supplementing thing is that she refuses to take it! Her pedi wants me to give her 4 oz of formula after nursing her, but it doesn't seem to be working. She nurses fine and takes to me well, but the bottle...not so much. So now I'm on a bottle hunt and looking for recommendations. So far I've tried those little Similac bottles they give you at the hospital with the sample powder formula and Avent bottles - neither are working & she doesn't seem interested in drinking formula. & seriously, why are there SO MANY bottles to choose from?!
She takes a paci fine and has no problem latching when she nurses, so at this point I'm at a loss of what to try next. I'd hate to force feed her with a syringe, but I know she needs the extra calories. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I hear the Dr Browns bottles are supposed to be go. I got a lot of those as gifts from my mommy friends and they all said they loved them. I haven't tried any as I'm currently breastfeeding and was told not to Introduce a bottle until my daughter is six weeks. But thought you could look into those
ReplyDeletethanks Katie :) I'll try those next!
ReplyDeleteYes Jake WOULD NOT take a bottle at the same age. It took over a month. What finally worked was having Irwin feeding him the bottle in another room far away from me. He tried every single day and finally he would start taking it, it was stressful lol. We used Playtex drop in bottles
ReplyDelete